Kharkiv National Medical University
The Degree (MBBS, BDS, MD, MDS, MS, and NURSING) of the Kharkov National Medical University (KNMU) is prestigious and recognized in many countries of the world. Historically, Kharkiv National Medical University (KNMU) was the first higher medical educational institution in Ukraine.
In 2007 Kharkiv state Medical University was renamed as Kharkiv National Medical University Since 1951 the University has been training specialists for foreign countries of the Eastern Europe, China, Mongolia, and since 1961 students from the countries of Asia, Africa, and Latin America have been studying here. Now, 1900 foreign citizens study at KNMU at the Medical and Dentistry Faculties, at the clinical postgraduate course. More than 3,600 specialists from 86 states of Europe, Asia, Africa, Latin America, and Middle East have graduated from KNMU since 1951.
For foreign students there are a number of advantages:
- Study in English/Russian medium.
- Low cost.
- Recognized Courses by WHO, UNESCO, EUROPEAN COUNCIL.
- Good Life Standard.
- Worldwide Acceptance of Ukrainian Method of Teaching.
- Pleasant climate all the year.
- Job Prospects all over the world.
- Practical Aspects in Teaching.
- International Faculties.
- Best Transportation systems in Europe.
- Students enjoy discounts on travel.
- Professors from USA, CANADA, UK, etc.
- Participation of Students in Seminars/ Symposia/ Project Work, etc. in other European countries.
- Bilateral Student Exchange Program with Universities in European Countries.
- Summer Jobs during vacation in European countries.
- Chances of Permanent Residence & Settlement in Europe only after completion of study program.
- 100% Visa Assurance.
Kharkov is a city situated in the north-eastern part of Ukraine. It is the second largest city after Kiev and the first capital of the country.
Science and Education
Kharkiv is one of the most prolific centres of higher education and research of Eastern Europe. The city has 13 national universities and numerous professional, technical and private higher education institutions, offering its students a wide range of disciplines. Kharkiv National University, National Technical University “KhPI”, Kharkiv National Aerospace University "KhAI" are the leading universities in Ukraine. A total number of 150,000 students attend the universities and other institutions of higher education in Kharkiv. About 9,000 foreign students from 96 countries study in the city. More than 17,000 faculty and research staff are employed in the institutions of higher education in Kharkiv.
The city has a high concentration of research institutions, which are independent or loosely connected with the universities. Among them are three national science centres: Kharkіv Institute of Physics and Technology, Institute of Metrology, Institute for Experimental and Clinical Veterinary Medicine and 20 national research institutions of the National Academy of Science of Ukraine
University Fee Structure
|Faculty||Duration of Studies||Tution fees per year|
|Medicine||6 years||US $4000|
|Dentistry / BDS||5 years||US $4500|
|Nursing||3 years||US $3000|
|Post Graduation Education||US $4800|
Kharkiv National Medical University has a very good hostel system with fully furnished rooms, quite study environment and surrounded with recreation center..
All rooms in hostels are provided with internet facility.
Rooms on campus are available to students. All hostel rooms are furnished and vary in size and number of conveniences. Dormitory rooms at hostel can accommodate 2 or 3 students to a room. All rooms are equipped with bed, mattress, pillow, blanket, desk, chair, Almira, heating, water system and suitable lighting for both study and relaxation. Each room in the hostel is attached with kitchen is provided for students to cook food to their own taste. Students will need to supply their own kitchen utensils. All the rooms are provided with heaters. Our hostels feature 24-hour access to security and emergency services, making it easy to get assistance when you need it.
Kharkov National Medical University of Ukraine is recognized by:
- World Health Organization (W.H.O)
- Medical Council of India.
- Poznan University of Medical
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- Federation European Physiological Societies (FEPS)
- The Albert Schweitzer Hospital in Lambaréné